1. High-level Perspective
The unit of accounts, medium of exchanges, store of values first stored on a traceable & non-reversible distributed ledger.
Makes blockchain programmable and powers DeFi, GameFi, NFT & all dApps as the operating system of the blockchain infrastructure.
Extends the web functionality into a public compute platform by running smart contracts on the Internet at Web speed & scale.
2. Investment Strategy
We Invest in Research-driven Ventures on the Open & Decentralized Web with Strong Ecosystem Effects
We invest $100k-$1M in security, utility, and governance tokens that have 100x growth potential in 2-4 years.
These are determined by its market size, growth, capitalization, tokenomics and user incentives.
These tokens usually evolve into ecosystems, enabling tens or hundreds of applications with network effects.
40% invest in Pre-A – Series A rounds with core team, prototype and business plan ($100-500K)
60% double down in Series B – growth rounds with high growth & clear exit strategy ($500K-2.5M)
We focus our equity investment on those with clear exit opportunities in 4 years with 10-100x return.
Hardware, Network, IPFS, Layer 1 Protocols, Layer 2 Solutions, Interoperability, Parachain, Sidechain, Off-chain Solutions.
Developer Platform & Tools, Analytics Platform & Tools, APIs, Security Solutions, Cloud Providers, Identity Network.
CEX, DEX, AMM, DAO, Wallet, Oracle Network, Synthetic Asset, Prediction Market, Financial Derivatives.
Creator Platform & Tools, Gaming Platform & Tools, Metaverse, NFT Marketplace & Applications.
Ecosystems We Believe in & Support
Internet Computer, Ethereum, Cardano, Polkadot, Solana, Stellar, Cosmos, NEO, Algorand, Flow, Harmony.
3. Deal Sourcing
We Systematically Build In-bound Deals Flow with Earlier Access & Better Terms
4. Portfolio Management
We build an active ecosystem of portfolio companies and support
Diversification by Ecosystem
We are actively building a strong portfolio of projects towards a similar vision based on the ecosystems we believe in, support, and understand from a fundamental research perspective: Internet Computer, Ethereum, Cardano, Polkadot, Solana, Stellar, Cosmos, NEO, Algorand, Flow, Harmony.
Institution-grade Token Management
For Proof-of-Stake tokens in our portfolio, we will stake them in institution-grade staking providers to earn passive rewards as a validator, providing liquidity & security to the network. This is an active way of supporting the token ecosystems and driving the token volume & network effects.
Portfolio Management & Tracking
We track our portfolio monthly – quarterly on
- Financial: cash position, burn rate, funding
- Technical: development, security, scalability
- Talent: recruitment, management, expansion
- Growth: revenue, transaction, total value locked, market cap, download, user adoption & growth
Value Add to Our Portfolio
We support our portfolio with expertise & connections in
- Fundraising strategy & opportunities (esp in Asia)
- Research collaboration, innovation, publication
- Recruiting executives, developers, advisors
- Product development, design, growth hacking
- Token economics design, adoption, network effects
5. Exit Strategy
We Capitalize on Exponential Returns Made Possible by the Network Effects of a Decentralized Economy
Traditional startup equity could only be invested by accredited investors with limited transparency, and exited to enterprises via M&A or to the public via IPO.
Security Tokens are like startup equity that represent an ownership position of a corporation; Utility Tokens provide users the access to interact with the products/services built on blockchain; Governance Tokens give users participation, voting, decision making rights over the protocol. Tokens exited through a community of users, developers, investors, which are sometimes the same person.
With the nature of faster liquidation & higher volatility in this space, we actively seek to build out a larger portfolio which increases our possibility of exponential returns, and identify the best exit timing for each token.
- Technical & Sentiment Analysis
- Bitcoin Halving & Pi-Cycle
- Etherscan Statistics & Charts
- Transactions & Contracts Data
- Industry Financials & Ratios
- Market Size, Growth, Competition
- Crypto Regulations & Policies
- Economic & Tax Incentives
- Research & Development Activities
- Exchange Data & Systematic Risk
- Fundamental Analysis
- Major Events (upgrade, fork, burn)
- Tokenomics & Network Effects
- Market Cap, Trading Volume, TVL
- Node Deployment & Operations
- Staking Volume, Rewards, Providers
- Ecosystem Support & Partnership
- Commercialization & User Adoption
- Funding & Liquidation Events
- Correlated Verticals & Projects